Thursday, July 30, 2009

The End Of Our Journey: Doleful Trip Back



This is the 3rd post. Go back down to read my Kakom experience from the beginning. Thanks!


It had to end somewhere but it ended with a BANG!

So Kakom had to end, right? It was sad. I felt it first thing Wednesday morning. I slept at 4.30am and woke up at 6.30am. That night, I hung out with some of the futsal players. We chatted for like 2 hours. We had to control the loudness of our laughter because everyone else was asleep. It was fun cause I'm not close with the futsal players and that night i realized who they really are. They are actually pretty awesome guys with a great sense of humor.

It was pretty quite in the bus. We passed through Perlis and got to see just how natural that state is. The never ending sugar cane plantation was magnificent. When we arrived at Gua Kelam, it started to rain. Zhi Hui joked that the cave would be flooded and we would all die. The she asked me if I drowned, which of the basketball players would save me first. I actually do have a clear answer in my head.

Gua Kelam was interesting. There is so much history to it. The funny part was when Fong Lin translated some of the chinese words that were written on the walls of the caves and it says something like "I miss my girlfriend".



Then we went to Padang Besar. The stuff there are like super cheap and the knock offs are of very high quality. Seriously, i can tell if a handbag is original or not and the stuff at Padang Besar are pretty damn close. But I just bought myself a rocker t-shirt (it only cost 10 bucks, I should have bought 8).



The lunch at Jo Cendol Pulut was great. I haven't had cendol in a long time. Plus Zhi Hui, Tien, Aiman and I had great conversations together. The mee kuah was to die for. Honestly! Thanks Cikgu Azman for a superb lunch!



The rest of the ride home was pretty agonizing. No there was no problem with the air conditioning but something messed up my emotions on the bus. Oddly enough, Aiman was the one that soothed my temperamental emotions. It made me realize that he has a heart after all. Thanks dude, I owe you one.

You know, it struck me when the bus dropped me off at Sungai Buloh (when Farhan said bye to me) that i might never have this experience again. I gained a family in Perlis. Will we still be that close when we go back to college? Will we have time for each other? Will you say hi to me if we bumped into each other on the way to class? I know I will try because something like this doesn't come very often and I'm glad it happened to me.

To my KAKOM family, thanks for the great memories. You guys will always have a place in my heart.

Drowning in the symphonies of: Before the Storm by The Jonas Brothers ft Miley Cyrus

Hasta Luego

1 comment:

  1. auwwwwww. such a sweet thing to read shana
    u wrote something bout my hometown
    lol. i never expect a girl like u wud like perlis though

    ReplyDelete