Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beginning Of The Journey: Budding Friendships

KAKOM is most probably one of the best experiences I have ever went through in my life

So I predict that my KAKOM blog would be a bit long so I'm going to split it into 3 post.

1) The beginning of the journey
2) The days of endurance
3) The end of our journey

I was placed in bus B with the basketball players, futsal team, chess players and my public speaking teammate. I entered the bus late so all the good seats at the back were taken so I end up sitting next to Aiman and the other basketball players. The first hour in the bus was mostly filled with sleepy athletes cause no one had enough sleep the previous night due to all the packing.

At our first stop at Dengkil, we stuffed ourselves with junk food and sat down together. Thats when the bonding time started. We got to see how are people are, we saw people slowly breaking out of their shells. Back on the bus, I surprisingly created an unexpected friendship with the other 2 basketball players, Ifwat and Qayyum. Aiman was practically asleep throughout the whole journey. Thanks for the great company Aiman.... really appreciate it.



We stopped at many places, stuffing ourselves everytime with fruits, chocolates and gaseous drinks. I discovered that Lan is a eating machine. He brought food at every stop we went to, its amazing he's still alive.



At Tapah, we stopped for lunch. I ate KFC with Ann, Hajar, Aiman and Qayyum. I'm not a big KFC fan so I ate the macaroni instead of the chicken. Qayyum on the other hand thinks that 5 pieces of dunkin donuts is considered a healthy lunch. Whatever makes you happy, sweetie....




Then we stopped at Bukit Gantang where there was an all you can eat durian festival. All you need to do is pay RM7.90 and you can ingest as many durians as you like. It started with Aiman then Ann got tangled up in it then everyone joined in. I just stayed in the side lines, taking pictures cause I'm not a heavy durian eater.



Oh, I forgot to mention, after our second stop, the air conditioning in the bus broke down. Yes! It died, just like that. Try to imagine sitting in the bus for 8 hours without air conditioning. Try imagining sitting in a bus for hours with a bunch of people who just shoved down 3 whole durians each.

Apart from the scorching heat, I enjoyed the bus trip to Perlis. I made a hole in my wallet for buying to much junk food, I got to see the basketball players dance to a hindi song, I made new friends and my butt ached when I arrived at Perlis. Still, I had a whale of a time. I didn't even noticed that we spent 12 whole hours in that bus.

Drowning in the symphonies of : Aankhein Khuli from Mohabbatein
(I will never forget the dance you guys did with this song. It was freaking hilarious)

Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment